PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 5185 dead

d_kosyanenko
28-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Hello

I have a problem with Nokia 5185i. CDMA. I was trying to read it with Dejan Box 1.0 (programm used for it was Nokia Flash Downloader) as a result uf using it is that phone starting with a black screen and after 1 sec screen becomes blank and after that nothing happend. Button pushing - no result.

That can I do this phone now?

Please help.

Best regards, Dimich

REYESITO
29-10-2002, 07:29 AM
hello, if alone you were making reading of the telephone 5185 and this it was working well, it is difficult to think that the problem is for that makes reading of the telephone, the sure problem was caused by problems in the cable flash like some I surpass of volts in the telephone etc.......
that is typical symptoms
had you already proven your cable flash and do I work well?
if it is not what I say then attempts an all reset and if reflash doesn't work the telephone

hola , si solo estabas haciendo lectura del telefono 5185 y este estaba funcionando bien, es dificil pensar que el problema sea por que hace lectura del telefono , el problema seguro fue causado por problemas en el cable flash como algun sobrepaso de volts en el telefono etc.......
eso son sintomas tipicos
żya habias probado tu cable flash y funciono bien?

si no es lo que yo digo entonces intenta un all reset y si no funciona reflashea el telefono:D :grin:

phonedudes
29-10-2002, 11:30 AM
When you say you used Dejan Box 1.0 imagine you are referring to the 'simple' flash box.. Like 'Reyesito' mentioned have you used your cable setup on any other phone before??

Because if the cable is good simply reading the phone is NOT going to cause it to just DIE..
We never used anything but Wintesla on CDMA, so personally cant say we tried Flash Downloader on a CDMA phone... if we have some time we will take one of the 5170, 80's we have lying around and see but I seriously doubt trying read would cause phone failure.

I would think if anything it was just a coincidence and have some type of hardware problem.

Phonedudes :) :grin: :)

Dimich
29-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Hello

I used simple Dejan Box with 1 IC (not remember which one). I used this box hundred times and no problems - but it was GSM.

First I tryed to read my 5180i (or it 5185 - I dont know the difference) Rolis 4.77 try to read but stoped saying something about flash type. After that I deside to use all progs I have for flash reading. Nokia Flash Downloader let you to configure flash and RAM type (8 or 16 bits) I have changed Flash type to 8 and it kill the phone.

Any help will be appreciate.

Bets regards, Dimich

REYESITO
30-10-2002, 05:49 AM
up to where I understand the soft alone nokiaflashdownloader flash reading does make in the telephones creating files *. bin and doesn't write, don't I understand for that are died the telephone??
is justified some problem because of the flash if you write the telephone ˇˇˇˇ:D :D :D :confused: :p

Dimich
30-10-2002, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I attach this prog.

I rty only reading, not writing.

Once time phone start - but after turning off same problem.

Best regards, Dimich