PDA

View Full Version : how to revive a dead n70 by usb...

revil
17-05-2006, 04:42 PM
hi friend
i try to flash n70 at home.... flash filed and now the Phoenix does not recognize the n70.... when i put on my nokia n70 the written nokia remains....
how i can to revive my phone by usb at home???

bya
thank you
:-( :-( :-(

electrophoretic
17-05-2006, 06:03 PM
if you tried to flash it with a 5 pin Flash Adapter (like JAF) then you would have killed it dead!

anyway, i the ONLY way to flash your phone now is using an FPS-8 or an FPS-10 and a smartcard... but this is not by USB... at present there is NO SOLUTION for flashing a dead N70, which is essentially what your phone is...

sounds to me like you should take it to a Nokia Service Centre for a warranty job (if its still in warranty, remember its 25 months if you bought it after 1st April 2005)...

G

revil
17-05-2006, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=electrophoretic
sounds to me like you should take it to a Nokia Service Centre for a warranty job (if its still in warranty, remember its 25 months if you bought it after 1st April 2005)...

G[/QUOTE]

i do not understand.... i do not have JAF....
:???: :???: :( :(

electrophoretic
17-05-2006, 10:13 PM
if its under warranty then send it to Nokia for a free repair...

otherwise, stick it on eBay...

G

ray4u
26-05-2006, 07:23 PM
okay....i tried to upgrade my nokia n70 with v5.02 firmware (apac) to v5.02 firmware (euro).

everything went as planned ..but then when flashing was about to start ...the pc started installing some "bb5" drivers during the flashing...and my phone went dead. ..okay now i have a few doubts to clarify

1. when i tried flashing the dead phone again ...it erased all eeprom contents i guess..coz it started some erasing procedure. Is my IMEI data wiped out too ?

2. Is there any possibility that my phone is gone forever? I know that it can be reflashed...but this is the first time such a thing has happened to me and i'm really scared ..coz the phone is hardly a month old. So ....can nokia centre reflash a dead phone and make it work again ?

3.please give me a good excuse to tell the nokia centre guys. Coz my phone is still under warranty and telling them i tried to flash it will ruin the warrany. can i say it fell down and the eeprom contents must have got accedentally erased. is there any way of them finding out that i tried to flash it ? some counters or anything.

Pls help guys...i'm really worried and confused.Thanks.

ray4u
26-05-2006, 07:25 PM
oh..and by the way ..i was using the cracked phoenix version...without a dongle..just usb only.My phone is under warranty ..will nokia fix it for me or will they just tell me that the flash i.c is gone and i'll have to buy a new phone.

very depressed.......... :(

electrophoretic
26-05-2006, 11:06 PM
take it to the shop and say that your phone just died and stopped working, believe me they will just take it off you and fix it!! DONT TELL THEM YOU DROPPED IT AT ALL!!!!!!

G

dendennis
24-06-2006, 03:36 AM
ok this is how to bring a dead N70 back to life using pheonix
(you should use JAF its safer and will always repair your phone you have to be a real fool to go wrong with this tool and is nearly as good as Nokias fps10 box)

ok start pheonix 2006

1) set up phone as new connection
file -> manage connections
highlight 'no connection' and move it to top of list [above USB]
press apply and close new connections window

2) select new product
File -> NEW PRODUCT
select N70 from list

3) flash the phone

menu flashing -> firmware update
tick 'DEAD PHONE USB FLASHING'
choose the variant to be flashed
and press START

the flashing starts, after a few seconds "Cmt -> waiting USB device (1 of 30). Press Phone Power button" message appears.

press the phones power button and watch it go.

dead phone firmware upgrade.

to allow flashing of dead phone set manage connection back to USB
power on the phone without USB cable
attach usb cable when fully powered up
file -> scan product
after successful product scan select
flashing -> firmware update

choose between RESTORE USER PRODUCT or PHONE AS MANUFACTURED/REFURBISH

press that start button
if phone says start up phone without simcard on display during flashing press accept on phone, JOB DONE

P.m. me your E-mail address and I'll send you the official nokia PDF file with full instructions on dead USB flashing with screenshots if anybody wants.

good luck with reviving your phone, (its amazing how quick people shout service center rather than spend a few mins researching).

marty3
30-06-2006, 08:38 PM

attach usb cable when fully powered up.
errrrm, :-? how the hell can you power up and wait untill fully powered up a dead phone :lol: :lol: dead meaning its DEAD it wont power up :-?

there is no possible way to revive a n70 via just dku-2 ca-53 cable, its just impossible.. service center, or use it as a paper weght ;) haha

geezer13
20-07-2006, 03:24 AM
JAF box and F-bus cable can repair DEAD N70 phone :grin:

josetolo_jr
21-07-2006, 04:37 AM
(you should use JAF its safer and will always repair your phone you have to be a real fool to go wrong with this tool and is nearly as good as Nokias fps10 box)

ok start pheonix 2006

2) select new product
File -> NEW PRODUCT
select N70 from list

3) flash the phone

and press START

the flashing starts, after a few seconds "Cmt -> waiting USB device (1 of 30). Press Phone Power button" message appears.

file -> scan product

press that start button
if phone says start up phone without simcard on display during flashing press accept on phone, JOB DONE

P.m. me your E-mail address and I'll send you the official nokia PDF file with full instructions on dead USB flashing with screenshots if anybody wants.

good luck with reviving your phone, (its amazing how quick people shout service center rather than spend a few mins researching).
Hi mate, send you a PM but forgot my email ad: [email protected]

BR

liteFun
05-08-2006, 03:38 PM
errrrm, :-? how the hell can you power up and wait untill fully powered up a dead phone :lol: :lol: dead meaning its DEAD it wont power up :-?

Even phone wouldn't have light and picture on screen, it still can be powered up by pressing power button.
You should know, that if you flash it wrong, it just can't load that firmware and to power up as you think it, to show something on screen and have lights.
It just power up, but has no reaction if it can't load firmware.

You can try this too: Open cover of your computer when power turned off.
Then, remove graphic interface and all cables for hard disk.
Then power up your computer: surprise! there is nothing coming to screen.

Wrong or non-working firmware in phone is just like that.
It doesn't load up to have instructions how to write to screen.
It can't load phone applications neither.

But phone can be powered up. So to ensure that power is off, remove battery. Put it back, connect cable for flashing working firmware and press power putton to power up.

musti786
07-08-2006, 09:10 PM

ok start pheonix 2006

2) select new product
File -> NEW PRODUCT
select N70 from list

3) flash the phone

and press START

file -> scan product

press that start button

could you send the pdf file to [email protected] because i need it asap

THANK YOU

marty3
03-09-2006, 01:44 AM
you have email ;) account [email protected] has the 'official' nokia dead phone pdf file, among many over goodies youll find helpfull ;) ;)

but you must know, dead usb flashing isnt supported for many phones atall, youll need jaf soft and usb , or jaf with fbus 7pin

oh and to anwser original question to this thread, n70 can NOT be repaired with USB and phoenix