PDA

View Full Version : NokiX 1.33, SDK 2.20, new scripts

yak
26-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Hello everyone!

Loads of new stuff wait for you on NokiX site!

Just click and you're there...

http://nokix.pasjagsm.pl

Post comments in this thread.

Best,
[Yak]

-- EDIT --
Any updates since the last release on my site are placed below. In the near future they will be available on my site in full packages.

deadspot
27-05-2006, 06:28 AM
thanks for the new update!!!!!

spaceimpact33
27-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks Yak :D:D lots of hard work there!

@all i really recomend you all take a look at this, we now have the possibility of storing 256kb+ of files like ringtones, screen savers and mail ect.A
new mailsuite compatable with the new file system is going to be released verry soon, it will contain many updates so stay tuned.:D

joci2000
27-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Amazing improvement 8)

Thanks for the hard work :-)

yak
27-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone! I really appeciate it!

In the meantime a bug was detected. First, I forgot to put the name of definintion into script info of file_manager.nrx. Second is more serious, the file system fails on 3330 and 5510 models.

Both should be fixed by this new versions found below. However I couldn't test the 3330/5510 fix in practice so if anyone can do it please do so and let me know.

-- EDIT --
Attachment removed. See later posts.

joci2000
27-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks the fix,

I go to test on 3330, and if will work on 5510 also :wink:

yes and one more bug int the main program NokiX 1.33: I can't see the parameter field. it doesn't change if i use full screen mode or window mode :-(
The problem may with the down rolling button, on the processing page it also disappear.

and there is a little problem with lcd contrast :roll:

yak
27-05-2006, 01:38 PM
@ joci2000

What Windows version do you use? Do you have the Tahoma font in your system? Can you provide me some screenshots of the problem? Thanks.

joci2000
27-05-2006, 01:46 PM
I use Win Xp pro sp2 and i have Tahoma.

here are the pictures:Processing (http://joeramzi.uw.hu/1.jpg) project mode (http://joeramzi.uw.hu/2.jpg)

and on the lcd contrast is just a typing mistake :D on the 45. line "loctae"

edit: I checked on 3330 and seems work and not. It works normal can send, receive but it doesn't show the filename.

yak
27-05-2006, 02:36 PM
This is odd, I haven't changed anything there, however this version was compiled using Borland Developer Studio (you can call it a new version of Borland C++Builder), maybe it has a bug.

I've changed the way the window contents are aligned. Let's see what's the result.

PS: Thanks for pointing out the buf in lcd_contrast.

-- EDIT --
Attachment removed. See later posts for NokiX 1.34.

joci2000
27-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Perfect :)

yak
27-05-2006, 02:49 PM
So I assume this version of NokiX works ok? Ok then I'll name it 1.34.

Tell me whay version of 3330 do you use? 4.50? Please check other options like defragmentation for example. Let me know if something else is broken besides the filename.

joci2000
27-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Yes now seems to work perfectly the NokiX 1.34 :D

I use 3330 V5.06 and all options work except the file name. It isn't shown on the list and neither when i play/see/hear it.

The filesystem knows the name of each file just doesn't show. It show if i want to delete 4example.

So it can be zone bug or just an arg bug. 3330 very often use different numbers.

yak
27-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Yes, looks like a wrong zone number. I'll check this.

V5.06, is this the latest? I thought 4.50 was the latest :-).

joci2000
27-05-2006, 03:09 PM
for a long time i also thought that was the newest when i found it it was only in one package i don't remember exactly which was, and i had to translate the whole firmware to my language :D well exactly i had to renumber every text because new use more text. :lol:

mod: it was package F

mod2: okay i find the problem. The problem is one script modified the window table and i used the file_manager at the end of my project. So the solution is to use at the begining.

yak
27-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok, thanks a lot for finding this cause.

You've translated whole PPM? :eek: Crazy ;-)

There seem to be some serious problems with file manager and 5510. The processing goes well but there is some strange trash on the screen and the phone hangs.

But I'm hoping to fix all this one bug after another :-).

joci2000
27-05-2006, 04:56 PM
well i also checked 5510.

So the file manager working fine i think. But after i leave the menu and exit from main menu the screen is messed a little bit, but isn't hang :roll: this happening only when i connected the cable. If there isn't cable everything goes right :D

I have another problem with 5510. if i connect to the fbus cable the phone hang on startup and i don't have any idea why? :???:

yak
27-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I've just worked on it remotely with a friend that owns 5510. The trash was caused by a bug in LOCATE_SPECIAL.rx. Grab the fixed one from the update below.

5510 seems to have some general problems with FBus. People tell me that if they connect it to the PC and start pressing keys, it will hang. And is was always so, it does so even on original firmware. Seems that Nokia f*cked up something.

I'm also including the updated NokiX - 1.34.

-- edit --
The update was updated :). The new one contains slightly improved PPMAN.rx and new file system capable of using the added free space of 3310 flashes resized for use wih 3330 phones. In such case you can create up to 2048 KB of file system space! That's huge! :-D

-- edit --
The attachemnts were removed, see my later posts.

BlinK_
28-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh. This is great news. Im happy that you guys start to unify everything. Great job! Too bad i dont have 3310 now. When i get my friends one i will try this as soon as possible... (:

joci2000
29-05-2006, 08:24 AM
@Yak

I think i found an other small bug in the filemanager. If you press # on the file list it will show the free space, but if you press the # again(on the free space screen) or in the option menu's free space link it gives error. For me it shows D:Virus's Lunar screen saver :roll:

next little bug: If there is more ringtones than 75 (include original, filesystem, custom), the phone will hang on the ringtone chooser menu.

Just a little idea: It would be fine if the filesystem remind the settings http://prohardver.hu/pics/s/rl.gif

and one more question: Is it normal that after I modified the flash file it's size become smaller? As i think after flash will be the filesystem :-D

p_l_q
29-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I think i found an other small bug in the filemanager. If you press # on the file list it will show the free space, but if you press the # again(on the free space screen) or in the option menu's free space link it gives error. For me it shows D:Virus's Lunar screen saver

with " * " kay id the same problem...

joci2000
29-05-2006, 10:29 AM
not just * and # but any number :cry:

p_l_q
29-05-2006, 11:23 AM
joci2000, i am sorry... i dnt have an error when i press 2 times the "*" or "#" key... when i press scnd time it exit to main nokia's screen :/ (but wthout an error). and keys 0-9 works fine... when i press 4 ex 2 it search file with "a" at the beginning of file name... so i don't know why u have these error <what> <hmmm>

joci2000
29-05-2006, 11:48 AM
the error appears only in the memory status screen. When show used/free space and then you press any button(number,#,*) it will make error. other buttons(C,navi,up/down) work fine, or do nothing(up/down)

i checked on 3330 and it simply exit from the memory status to main screen without any mistake. It's misterious :roll:

p_l_q
29-05-2006, 12:07 PM
joci2000 i understand u :) but on my modded 3310 6.33 i dnt have that problem... whan i press one of those 2 keys it exit to nokia's main screen only... and i am afraid that i cnt hlp u because i'm a 'lil green in this :P i may only tell that i don't have this problem :)

yak
29-05-2006, 01:17 PM
@ joci2000

On what model you get this error? 5510? Maybe it's a conflict with this screen saver? I've checked 3310, 8210, 5210 and it works as it should on all of them. This means that when some key is pressed on the memory status screen or in the menus, the phone exits to the standby screen. I wanted it to work this way, almost all nokia apps work like this.

Yes, the file can get smaller. The file system space is being cut off the flash file so you won't overwrite the files each time you flash your phone (assuming you don't change the FS size).

I also have a question for you. I've found your backup of Blacksphare on gsmfreeboard.com, may I put it online on NokiX website?

joci2000
29-05-2006, 01:34 PM
it is in 3310, So may it just a conlict only in my flash :cry: i i will check it.

To reduce the file is excellent idea it needs less time to flash into the phone :D

Blacksphere: Of course you can put it :D if wumpus doesn't mind it ;) as i know he :roll: made it. I just made a backup for bad times. :)

dvirus666
29-05-2006, 07:44 PM
@ Yak: The File System is a great piece of work. :D

I seem to have encountered a small problem with the new Shortkeys script.

With the Shortkeys, If I press and hold * to activate it then press 'C', 'Navi', 'Up', 'Down' or 'Power' keys it display the message OK. It says OK then clears the display leaving the "Select" action visible. Also when I use access the new_welcome_anim or the file_manager menus (only ones I was using) via the shortkeys it does not go back to standby.

yak
29-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Latest updates.

DVirus, you will find an updated shortkeys.nrx here too.

-- EDIT --
Updates moved to first post for easy access.

Donkro
30-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Thank For incredible job n hard work

:-D

yak
30-05-2006, 02:01 PM
@ Donkro

Thanks a lot!

Btw, I've moved the updates to the first post and put some new things into it. For example updated ringtones_files.nrx which is much faster now and doesn't hang on a lot of ringtones (~80 or more).

Donkro
31-05-2006, 02:14 PM
maybe it my fault but can u explain how i solve it

# Processing: lcd_contrast.nrx
# ERROR: STR_CONTRAST: Unknown object!
# 212 +++ fail func": Unknown object!"
# 49 +++ dlg=d2c(locate("str_contrast"),4)d2c(0,4)d2c(0,4)d2c(1)d2c(9)
# Error 4 running "D:\Mcm - Mcm Ada\Hamset\Nokia DCT3\nokix\scripts\LOCATE.rx", line 212: Program interrupted

# ERROR: Script failure!

Thank a lot

yak
01-06-2006, 03:07 AM
@ Donkro

Copy the update over your scripts directory. The update in available in the first post in this thread.

Donkro
01-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanx For The updates

yak
02-06-2006, 02:30 PM
There was a file_manager_ppm.txt file missing from the update13, it is now included in update14 (top of the thread). Sorry for this. LoMaster, thanks for pointing this out.

LoMaster
03-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Some problems I've encountered:

plotter.nrx - error when trying to use without file_system.nrx (is plotter supposed to be used only with the file system?). Only plotter.nrx was included in the project.

# Processing: plotter.nrx
Access with 'plotter' definition
Done!

# Processing: FILE_SYSTEM.rx THE_END
# WARNING!
# The size of the file system wasn't set using file_system.nrx script!
# NO space was assigned to it and you WON'T be able to store any files!
# ERROR: SETLONG: Not a number (TFS_FLASH_LOW)!
# 245 +++ setlong tfs_geometry+8 tfs_flash_low
# Error 4 running "C:\NokiX\scripts\FILE_SYSTEM.rx", line 245: Program interrupted

netgraph.nrx - was the only script in the project.

# Processing: netgraph_def.nrx
Patching...
# ERROR: OWN_GET_RAM: Unknown object!
# 87 +++ call locate "own_get_ram"
# Error 4 running "C:\NokiX\scripts\LOCATE.rx", line 212: Program interrupted

spymode.nrx - was the only script in the project.

# Processing: spymode_def.nrx
Getting original functions and creating our own.
# ERROR: OWN_GET_RAM: Unknown object!
# 60 +++ call locate "own_get_ram"
# Error 4 running "C:\NokiX\scripts\LOCATE.rx", line 212: Program interrupted

Thanx!

joci2000
03-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Plotter needs filesystem and the other scripts(spy and netgraph) are out of date. They won't work with new nokix.

LoMaster
03-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanx for a quick reply!

Plotter needs filesystem...
IMHO it's not a good idea. One needs to sacrifice :) at least 64kb of flash space for it (which can be really problematic), and he may not need filesystem at all. It would be MUCH better to have an option to use plotter as before.

P.S. netgraph was a really nice thing! What a pity!

P.P.S. Sorry for asking this here, but:
Will the temperature feature (by nuukiaworld) ever be implemented in the new screen saver (by yak)?

yak
04-06-2006, 01:45 AM
No no, it's not like that.

The file system error when plotter was used alone was a bug in a very latest file system release (from the last update I think). There is a new update (15, in the first post) where this was fixed.

If you don't use file_system.nrx, only the file system handling functions will be included, no space will be reserved. Every attempt to write something to the FS will result in "No free space" error on the screen.

The two other errors are caused by missing CREATE_RAM_ID.rx macro which was obsoleted long time ago and I stopped including it in the scripts package. These two scripts should really be updated to use RESERVE_RAM.rx instead. For now I'm including this macro below, just copy it to macros dir and it should do it.

Yes, I was thinking about implementing the temerature feature some day... :D

nokasif
05-06-2006, 08:34 AM
# Processing: MENU.rx THE_END
Processing menu file: D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\projects\asif\menu.txt
# ERROR: SETDATA: Address out of range (0x52)!
# 772 +++ setdata a "items"
# 741 +++ i_arg=create_menu_struct(i_title)
# 333 +++ menu.i=create_menu_struct(,root)
# Error 4 running "D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\MENU.rx", line 772: Program interrupted

What is this error i cant understand.

yak
05-06-2006, 11:48 AM
This error says to me that there was something wrong with one of the PTR=xxxx parameters in your menu file. This can be caused by several things:
- you've used a menu dumped on different model/version,
- after menu dumping you've modded the menu system with some other tool,
- some other script in your processing list corrupted the menus in flash,
- or some other reason I'm not aware of now :D

Check these hints and if it won't help, tell us more about your project, model, software version and so on.

courtjester199
05-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Hi YAK!

I get the same error.

That's what I did:
I dumped menu and tried to write the unmodified txt with "write_menu.nrx".
- only "write_menu.nrx" script in processing list
- NokiX_v1.35
- current update of the scripts

joci2000
05-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I've tried what you write exactly and it's working for me. I have NokiX 1.35 and update15. It works with newly dumped menu and with the old one. So it should works for you also.

try to remove all NokiX's entries in registry and set them again.

nokasif
05-06-2006, 06:20 PM
This error says to me that there was something wrong with one of the PTR=xxxx parameters in your menu file. This can be caused by several things:
- you've used a menu dumped on different model/version,
- after menu dumping you've modded the menu system with some other tool,
- some other script in your processing list corrupted the menus in flash,
- or some other reason I'm not aware of now :D

Check these hints and if it won't help, tell us more about your project, model, software version and so on.

I am using it on ver 6.39.
I was unable to find 6.33.
And the menu file is the same that is there in example project. Nothing is modified at all.

yak
06-06-2006, 08:03 AM
What Windows version are you guys using? Latest NokiX versions (1.33 and 1.35) don't work properly on Windows 98. I'm working on it but for now either Windows 2000/XP should be used or NokiX 1.30 on Windows 98.

Is this the problem?

nokasif
06-06-2006, 09:01 AM
I am using windows XP Sp2

Well any link to download firmware ver 6.33

courtjester199
06-06-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm on Windows XP too.

@nokasif
3310_v6.33 (http://www.pietscher.com/tempfiles/3310_0633_clean.fls)

nokasif
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM
@courtjester199
Thanks for the file.

But now with this file a new error...
Is this bcoz it not a full flash file.

# Processing: PPMAN.rx THE_END
Rebuilding PPM block...
# ERROR: CREATE: Not enough free space in flash!
# 251 +++ create "ppm_data"
# Error 4 running "D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\PPMAN.rx", line 251: Program interrupted

joci2000
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
No, This is because there is no enough free space in the flash for the scripts. Delete some unneccesary language, t9.

nokasif
08-06-2006, 05:26 PM
No, This is because there is no enough free space in the flash for the scripts. Delete some unneccesary language, t9.

already did that buddy. Deleted all the languages except english. Also i am using very few scripts.

Here are all....

# NokiX Project File

INPUT_FLS D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\projects\3310_0633_clean.fls
OUTPUT_FLS D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\projects\asif\filesysmod.fls

MACROS_PATH D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts

SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\kill_faid_check.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\kill_mcu_check.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\add_ppm_strings.nrx new_ppm_strings.txt
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\true_7_bars.nrx true7bars.txt
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\call_duration.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\watch.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\file_system.nrx 192
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\file_manager.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\ringtones_files.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\calendar.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\anonymous_access.nrx
SCRIPT Y D:\Mobile\Nokix\nokix\scripts\write_menu.nrx menu.txt

joci2000
08-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Could you tell me the original size of your 3310 flash?
it should be 1.900.544 byte long

nokasif
08-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Could you tell me the original size of your 3310 flash?
it should be 1.900.544 byte long

Ofcourse it is the same.
1.81 MB (1,900,544 bytes)

joci2000
13-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Does anyone else noticed any problem with sim card menu? For me in the menu Instead of my provider name the memory address is shown (0x10e3f0)

I checked that memory address and there is the operator name But in menu doesn't shown. :???:

dvirus666
13-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Mine seems to be ok. I see the sim menu title as normal (Orange UK). But saying that I am only using 6 scripts in the proccess list at the moment.

write_menu
2 x Kills
shortkeycodes
Display Date (New)
Netmonitor options (New)

This is for the 3310 V 6.39.

joci2000
13-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Interesting...

I also use 6.39.

I go to try something. as i remember if i used non multiple menu the operator name was right.

mod: No this is not the reason. So this is an incompatibility with a script because original menu says only memory address. I try to find the wrong script.

nokasif
13-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Any one can please put a modified working flash file of 3310 with Flash File System included.
I want to take a look at it.

shinjo
20-06-2006, 12:14 AM
wow i must have been gone so long, the last thing i know was MADos now NokiX!

by the screenshots it looks cool. my question is, does this means i will have to flash it to my fone or will it modify a flash file first and flash that file to fone?

is there somekind of a tutorial for this?

anyway i'll give it a try later this morning while i wait for a reply. basing on the amounts of scripts available this must be a very good prog. nice going Yak. more power. :)

shinjo
20-06-2006, 12:34 AM
regina.dll is corrupted where can i get it. thanks.

shinjo
20-06-2006, 12:38 AM
its seems when i used the built in firefox downloader the file got corrupted. but when i used the flashget the file was intact.

thanks anyway.

FeX
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Nokia 3310, NokiX v1.35, firmware v06.39, latest scripts
from the NokiX site and updates from the first post
in this thread.

I'm having a bunch of scripts patched into the firmware,
the latest file_system.nrx, file_manager.nrx,
new_screen_saver.nrx, new_welcome_anim.nrx,
ringtones_files.nrx are among them.

After flashing the phone, uploaded some files:
about 5 screensavers, 10 other animations,
60 ringtones (even not all of them ar visible under
Ringing tone menu :)).
Memory status of the file system:
Free: 74.6 KB
Used: 53.3 KB
Total: 128 KB

Now the problem:
Set one of the uploaded *.ni files as the animated
screensaver. Everything seems to be OK. Change
the profile form General to Discreet. Set the screensaver
again. Go back from Discreet to General. Screen saver
after the timeout isn't turned on, "Screen saver not set"
message appears instead, and the state under the menu
new_screen_saver becomes Off. And even when trying to
reactivate it by choosing Animated SS->Screen saver,
it doesn't work. i.e., I can choose the *.ni which I want,
but the selection isn't retained:). Because when entering
the same Screen saver selection menu again, the first *.ni
file from the list is shown, not the previously selected one.
And "Screen saver not set" after the timeout is shown again,
instead of the screen saver itself.

The way out from this situation seems to be entering
Files menu and touching some file there, i.e. renaming,
deleting, etc. Then the screen saver in the
Animated SS->Screen saver can be set again, and
starts to function properly, but... till the next change
of the profile :)

Don't know, if such a situation is caused by some other
scripts. If no one is able to reproduce it, I can make the
same tests by patching an original firmware with only those few
scripts of the new file system, manager and screensaver.

Also, with the latest snapshot of the scripts,
netwatch.nrx and spymode.nrx scripts stopped
working, errors because of the calls of the functions
own_get_ram and own_set_ram are thrown.
Can anyone fix them? Or post the sources?:)

Thanks for listening/reading ;)

ShadoW2004
18-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi Yak, I have problem with calendar.nrx (i think)...

calendar.nrx in scripts list, in menu.txt line:

# Calendar
@item def=calendar

# Processing: MENU.rx THE_END
Processing menu file: D:\Programs\Nokia\Moding\NokiX\Final Mod\menu.txt
#### Line 541: Bad value (calendar) for field DEF!
#### Line 541: WARNING! Item skipped!
Done!

joci2000
19-07-2006, 09:07 AM
This is not problem because if you use phone which has reminder function, calendar def will not be created. Calendar will be integrated into reminder function.

ShadoW2004
19-07-2006, 03:32 PM
@joci2000

Ah, ok... thanks

FeX
20-07-2006, 07:50 PM
So does anyone has some similar issues with the
new Yak's filesystem, I mentioned above, when animated
screensaver settings are not retained while switching
between different profiles?

And I also noticed, that if I create a new text file directly in my phone
using the file manager, and save it, it seems that the file simply disappears.
I.e. it isn't saved anywhere in the system, because I don't find it later
among other files (*.ni, *.re), whether using the text file filter, or not.

ShadoW2004
21-07-2006, 02:40 PM
I have troble with lcd_contrast.nrx from uodate15.zip

# Processing: lcd_contrast.nrx
# ERROR: STR_CONTRAST: Unknown object!
# 57 +++ dlg=d2c(locate("str_contrast"),4)d2c(0,4)d2c(0,4)d2c(1)d2c(9)
# Error 4 running "D:\Programs\Nokia\Moding\NokiX\scripts\LOCATE.rx", line 212: Program interrupted

joci2000
21-07-2006, 03:14 PM
try this package, this is the latest update.

i suppose you also use 3310 with 6.39. i use this and it's working for me.

ShadoW2004
21-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I using 3310 v.6.07 and update20 doesn't halped me... :-(

joci2000
21-07-2006, 08:28 PM
so there is no problem with the script and nor with flash.
It works for me. Please check lcd_contrast_ppm.txt

it should contain 3 text:

@text local=str_title
ENGL:Set contrast

@text local=str_contrast
ENGL:Contrast:

@text local=str_saved
ENGL:Contrast saved
may your txt has only 2 text or it is the old version txt.

ShadoW2004
22-07-2006, 07:21 AM
@joci2000

Oh, yes it is:

@text var=text/lcd_contrast/title
ENGL:Set contrast

@text var=text/lcd_contrast/contrast
ENGL:Contrast:

@text var=text/lcd_contrast/done
ENGL:Contrast saved

I changed to new and all works good!!!! THANKS FOR HELP!