PDA

View Full Version : Plotter script

Mr Wolf
06-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi, I tried the script Plotter (fantastic job!) and I applied it to a 3310 flash not already patched version 6.39 and, I don't understand why, it activates also the drawing menu and the net monitor, and the operator sim menu disappears!
Anyone knows why? Should I reserve space for a new menu? How?
In general, is there any problem in applying NokiX scripts to a flash patched with g3n0lite? I applied some scripts to a flash patched with spymode script and it seems it works well!
Then, in general how much Nokix scripts can I apply to a flash?
Thanks!

joci2000
06-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Did you applied full factory reset after flashing? Try to reset and see the menu. You should write menu with nokix not with g3n0lite.

In my opinion you should not use nokix with g3n0lite, it can confuse some thing or it can rewrite functions and nokix won't find the correct functions.

Nokix allow you to use as much script as you want the only restriction is the empty place in your flash file.

Mr Wolf
07-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks!
About plotter, yes, I made a full factory reset, I just can't understand why it activates drawing menu and net monitor and why the operator sim menu disappears!
If anyone tries it and confirm this, and solve the problem, I'd be grateful!

FeX
10-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Isn't this because of the menu mask? In the original menu structure
file the main menu has kind of this mask

@menu dispmode=0x10 mask=0x11182A ptr=0x30FA3C
@header action=0xD flags=0x1

If you set mask=0x000000, you should see all items
under the main menu. But I don't know how to calculate the mask,
if I want to hide some menu items, maybe someone else could help?

Mr Wolf
11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I post the private messages Yak wrote me, hope it will help, and I attach the flash I used, if someone wants to try it.

"There are two things you should know. First, NokiX scripts may in some rare situations modify the EEPROM allocation tables causing the settings stored there by firmware to be messed up (for example NetMonitor turns itself on). In such case you have to perform a so called "Full Factory Reset" using MBus cable after flashing. After that everything will be ok. This can happen especialy in 3310/6.39 beacause it has a very little free space in EEPROM (also check the adjust_nokia_screen_savers.nrx script).

However what you got here into is something different. The menus can be edited in almost every aspect beside one - the masking. The masking is a special feture of Nokia menus that allow the firmware to temporarily hide some items in menus. All of them, Picture Editor, SIM card menu and Net Monitor are hidden this way if they are not available at the moment.

The problem is that the firmware hides these items by their index in menu. For example 3310 firmware hides the 15th item of main menu if Net Monitor is disabled. It you add some item before the Net Monitor, the Net Monitor item will move down (will be 16th now) and some other item (15th) will be hidden. There are two ways out of it. First, you can avoid adding items before the ones that can be hidden so they always stay at their original position. The second way out is the MASK parameter found at the top of menu (in "@menu" line). If you remove this parameter, firmware will no longer hide any items.

As for the combining of NokiX and G3n0lite, no, there is no general rule that forbids it. Everything depends on the patches you use. Some work, some don't. Just try and see what happends :>.

If you apply too much scripts, NokiX will report an error during processing. This will probably be "Not enough space in flash!" error."