PDA

View Full Version : Please help, 8210 LCD nightmare!!

badger
31-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Hi my 8210 display kept getting corrupted and I had to flex the phone to get it to work. I just replaced the elastomer and it disappeared completely. After an hour or so messing about I got the display back but there was a permanent blank horizontal line across it. I then bought a new display and this was completely blank!!! I put the old one back and this was blank too!!! Again A
after messing about I got the display back but there was a permanent blank horizontal line across it. This comes and goes and at the moment there is no display at all with either LCD!!! I am tearing my hair out!! Does anyone have any advice? What else should I check. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers guys.

[email protected]

Iman
03-11-2002, 04:13 PM
:o Hey there,

Did you try another elastomer? Just asking cause you did not mention trying another.

Anyway,hope it works for you.

:)

badger
04-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Yes I did, the new display was complete with elastomer and speaker etc. Still no luck.

dio
04-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Try changing another elastomer, also check that the contact point is clean, free from any flux. lastly the elastomer must not touch any water or flux, it will kill the elastomer.

good luck.

wesam
05-11-2002, 01:05 AM
hi
can you power phone off after powring it on?
are you shure that your phon doesnt contact service ?
if shure then clean your lcd connector on the board then check the two ressister in the right of the lcd connector
please send result
wesam

badger
05-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Yes, the phone turns on and off as normal. I will try again tonight, I will be extremely unlucky if I have had 3 faulty elastomers and 2 faulty displays, especially as one was a new one. Is there not a driver I.C on the board which may have a dodgy connection? What does the I.C near the power button do? It appears to have tracks which run to the LCD contact points. Thanks.