View Full Version : how to transfer picture message to Nokia 7650 by IR

Benedetto
04-11-2002, 10:22 AM
hi,how can i transfer picture message to Nokia 7650 by IR

mydonnay
04-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Try this:

Use Nokia PC Suite

Save your picture message in the directory of Nokia PC Suite (C:\Nokia\Nokia 7650\Images

Open PC Suite, Select Image transfer. At the upper frame, you should see your picture message or any images, click the arrow (down) to transfer the image to your phone :)

Benedetto
04-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Thank you for the fast reply but i want to do something else,when i enter my pictures at phone and go to the folder "picture messages" i want to create new ones and place them there

mydonnay
04-11-2002, 04:07 PM
I tried it just now using infrared and no option to save the picture sent to picture messages folder :(

I can only save a picture message IF the picture message was received as sms by other phone - only then I can see another option to Save picture and I succeed in saving it directly to "picture messages" folder.

got to search for a solution to this... sure there's a way to do it ;-)

will post back once I found a solution or hopefully "experts" will help us to figure it out.

Benedetto
04-11-2002, 04:48 PM
thankx, i will try to find a solution also

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 03:23 AM
Hello,

I think found the solution... did you? let me know if you didn't and i'll post the solution to save the graphic to picture message folder.. :)

if you're done.. please ignore this message

:D

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 04:39 AM
Sorry... I shouldn't be asking a silly question if you found the solution or not. I should simply post the solution that I found so that other members/viewers that need it will be able to use it.

OK here it is....

1. First we still need Logo Manager (even 7650 is not supported)
2. If your graphics/picture are saved in your PC then open the graphics/picture using Logomanager (no need to connect in any phone)
3. Once the picture is open in Logo Manager, click File and click Save as
4 In Save As type, click the drop-down arrow and choose .ota bitmap
5. Now close Logomanager, locate the graphic/picture that you saved as .ota bitmap, you will notice that the file extension is .otb, right click on it and select rename and change the .otb to .ota. Now connect your nokia 7650 using Infrared or Bluetooth, transfer the file and when the phone received it, save it and it will be automatically save in "Picture Message Folder.

Have fun :) and hopefully it will work for you :) it did work here :)

Benedetto
09-11-2002, 10:42 AM
thankx a lot man, i have discoverd this two days ago

thank u

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 11:16 AM
LOL! you didn't share it to me earlier... I shouldn't search long... just kidding... Anyways, glad that it's well now.

engel_ph
09-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Can it also be applied in animated pictures. I just got a screen saver for N7650,and one feature of it is a screen saver that is animated, can it be done also by using logo manager?:confused:

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 04:45 PM
Animated screensaver & logomanager? I don't think so

use PsiLoc screensaver - it's a very nice software :)

Pejo
09-11-2002, 07:09 PM
you must know, that screensaver program is very good, but also eat battery fast...;)

syberfreak
12-01-2003, 09:16 AM
:) if you are using psiloc screensaver then its good. it has an option for animated. just upload animated gif files on your phone and use it as your screensaver. its animated!!!:)

kerpogi
13-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Just wondering if any of you can help me? I uploaded a small bmp file to be my Operator logo. its a bmp file. I used seleQ and assigned is as an operator log, but it still shows the old operator logo., do i have to erase the old one? or do i just rename the new one from .bmp to the extension of the other one?

Please help.

Thanks,

Kerwin

:D