PDA

View Full Version : E62 unlocking

nosralr
05-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi there,

Great to see Dejan doing such a great job. I see that recently E61 and and N73 have been recently added to the list of the unlocked. I have 2-E62's sitting here on my desk waiting patiently for the day when they will be added to the list too! I have spent hours searching the web but at this time it still looks like there are no free unlocking possibilites yet. Thus a few questions:

1) I am visiting Bangladesh on business these days and I see they can open them here for $30US.

2) I see on eBay they offer to open them but have read some threads warning against the possibilites of fraud.

3) What is the opinion of how much longer to wait until the E62 will be added to the list?

I paid $55 each for these two phones off eBay so am not that interested in spending a wack of $ on then just to open them. Defeats the purpose for which I bought them. So just a few comments on the time frame on E62 being added would be appreciated, or maybe that is something we cannot even guess at.

Thanks. You all do a wonderful job here. Much appreciated.

darx
05-12-2007, 04:05 PM
to be honnest i'd be very surprised if any new models were ever added to the free software dejan released as he has released a hardware solution. the free software was just a teaser to get people to buy the box.

nosralr
08-12-2007, 05:44 PM
That was sad news to hear. I guess I have rotten luck. I should have purchased 2-E61's instead of the E62's. What to do....

nosralr
16-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, it looks like there will be no free solution for the E62 any time soon. I thus did a quick research on Google and found a few different web pages who state they can open any phone for $10-15US. For example...http://www.unlockexperts.co.uk My question...can folks like this really unlock a BB5 E62 phone or are they just scamming us? Do they take the money and run when after purchasing I still can't get my phone unlocked? Just wondering if anyone has any experience, or if there is a site out there that someone has used quite often and has had impressive results. Just wanting to be safer than sorry.

Thanks.