PDA

View Full Version : Someone knows how to FU** the MB's DL counter ?

forden
18-11-2002, 07:51 AM
I explian,

I don't know if it's the same for you, but WHen I've bought my N7650, I have must subscribe to an extra option at my operator ( PDA/PC Option ), it's GPRS unlimited in time but in DL, My maximum is 10Mo/month, and after the 10 Mo I must pay per range 10Kb ( un-cutable....).
I would like to know if there's a little app which for example send always to the operator that I've just used 5 or 6 Mb....... an d never more....

Plz help, 'cause I don't have Bluetooth for the moment, and with the quantity of appz posted here, I've fucked the 10 Mo in less than a week......

Thx a lot.

Forden

mydonnay
18-11-2002, 11:27 AM
I've been searching for that kind of application for about 3 hours now AFTER reading your post .... LOL! Google, altavista, about.cm don't give me a god result...

I suspect that there's no such application yet.. but don't give up... maybe there is..... somewhere down the road :)

kiddomarc
18-11-2002, 12:20 PM
hi, first of all, i'm not saying i know everything, but the software you're looking for will never exist. many may have tried making them, but all of em failed. i am a programmer myself, and i create detection codes to know or to track usage of users specially internet is my forte.

let me give you a little background why its impossible to create such software...

it is impossible to create such a software because, it is HOST based and NOT CLIENT based. in lay man's term, they have the control, not you. everytime you use the internet/gprs, your phone DOES NOT send the operator how much byte you've already downloaded or uploaded, your phone ONLY RECORDS these and put it on a log. Like making a phone call, after you're finished talking to the other party your phone DOES NOT send your operator that you used your phone this amount of time, what your phone does is to record your call on its local timer. It is your provider who has all this logs, your provider creates it NOT YOUR PHONE! so there is no way for a software to send your operator this or that because your operator dont care whatever is written there on your phone, what's important to them is the log file they got that was recorded during the runtime and NOT sent by your phone!

so hard to explain, but i just hope you got a little with that.

i just dont want you to wait for something that is not worth waiting, coz its impossible to locate.

if you're really interested in it, i think they are called CLOAKS. Time Cloak, data cloak and stuff depending on what you wanted to cloak, but it doesnt matter whether you save all those cloaks, all of them is a failure.

good luck.

mydonnay
18-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Hi Kiddomarc :)

Well-written :)

Now I know why I can't get a good result no matter where I search :(

Forden, I guess it's time for me rest in searching for that kind of application.... :)

Maybe the solution is to control yourself in using GPRS or look for another operator that will give you better service :) it's just a suggestion.

kiddomarc
18-11-2002, 01:38 PM
well, that's true.. there's no way to block em. :) controlling ourselves is the only way. hehe. :) does your operator charge when you use your phone itself (wap over gprs)? coz here in my country, i think they only charge if you use your phone as a modem, meaning PDA over GPRS or PC over GPRS, otherwise its free. :) i dunno. :)

mydonnay
18-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by kiddomarc
well, that's true.. there's no way to block em. :) controlling ourselves is the only way. hehe. :) does your operator charge when you use your phone itself (wap over gprs)? coz here in my country, i think they only charge if you use your phone as a modem, meaning PDA over GPRS or PC over GPRS, otherwise its free. :) i dunno. :)

I'm not very familiar on how they charged me :( LOL!
what I know this is I pay as I go... HK$0.08 per kb - no monthly fee. I'm not paying much because I only use GPRS for email, browsing using Nokia 7650.

I never use 7650 as a modem :) I have my fast connection ADSL and will not go 7650 modem or GPRS that sometimes hangs or cuts...

kiddomarc
18-11-2002, 02:58 PM
oh, so they charge you evenif you're just using your phone... ummm.. i hope globe will not charge us! damn its so expensive! :) oh well, i posted some polyphonic message alert tones on your thread 137 games and 87 softwares (did i get it right? lol), maybe you wanna see/hear. they are pretty cool. :D :)

mydonnay
18-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Is that a trial service from your operator? but even it's a trial service.. it's still very good because you are using GPRS for free :) you are lucky!
Yes, I've downloaded the polyphonic message alert tones that you uploaded .. many thanks :) i'm busy listening to them now and transferring to my phone.. nice!

forden
18-11-2002, 03:44 PM
My GPRS service is : time unlimited, but max data trf 10Mo/month
more is factured per 10Kb for a few money ( 0.004 Euro = 0.004Dollars ).
The price of this service is 6Euros/month ( = 6$/month ) first is free ;))

Else, I've really understand the pb of host and client based ( 'cause that's a little bit my job too, I'm informatician in a hotline.... )

Thx 4 All

CU Later

PS : Always looking for a full SeleQ ;))))))

Bye bye

Forden