Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sim Card Locks

  1. #1

    Question Sim Card Locks

    Is it possible to unlock 'Sim Card Locks' on DCT-4 phones with IMEI?

    By this I mean a phone that is locked to the Sim card that originally came with it, and so other Sim cards on the SAME NETWORK can't be used on that phone.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    178

    @ Ironmonkey

    Hi,

    the MOBILE is locked with a security code (5 digits).

    Default Security codes are '12345' and '00000'... If they don't work, some1 chanded the code...

    Just put in a different simcard from the SAME network operator and type in the code...

    regards Scotty

    p.s. once u entered the correct security code, u can disable it...

  3. #3
    Thanks for the reply Scotty.

    I'm not sure that I understand the anwer!

    I'm just wondering if 'Sim Card Locks' can be unlocked remotely (just like 'SP Locks' can)?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    time
    Posts
    290
    @ironmonkey- It seems that theres some fones out that are locked to SIM originally supplied with handset-like the old btclnet c12! even if you unlock still dont work@( I was under the impression lock 7 was multilock & removes it-however I found that even unlocking it allows different SIM BUT dont allow calls from different SIM but allows calls from original SIM-this was all from a 3510i (NOT stolen)
    Last edited by ahib; 19-04-2003 at 01:09 AM.

  5. #5
    Thanks for replying Ahib.

    I've heard about it not being possible on the old BT Cellnet phones! But I'm wondering if this is generally the case for all operators, or not?

    Anyone have a definitive answer? Someone must know? What about all you people who sell dongles?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •