Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: 3330 signal problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    47

    3330 signal problem

    Hi guys!

    I've updated my sister's 3330 to v.4.50 and then i updated FAID with XP mobile (SG) Nokia DCT-3 Full service 2002, eeprom tools and nokia tool by jordik. Each one said that FAID was updated but when i turn it on it doesn't have any signal and restarts.
    What should i do?

    Thanx in advance,
    Nick.
    Last edited by laleas; 30-09-2002 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    France
    Posts
    162
    try Nokia Tools 1.8 by Rolis...

    click on "SFR" to reset all factory setting...
    click on "Change IMEI" to update your IMEI...
    click on "Clear SP LOCKS"...
    click on "Update FAID"...

    when U insert your SIM in your phone.... it's restart just one time... after U will get network, and I shouldn't restart...

    Good Luck...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shieffiled UK home of wounders such as me and errrr..... thats it lol
    Posts
    49
    if none of those work use trusty FAID monster and Koci its never failed for me unless my PC doesnt like the progs lol

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    Hi,

    same problem here.
    3330 v4.50
    I can't set the FAID properly.

    Tools used:
    Rolis, Jordik, Knok, XP Mobile,B-Phreaks logger, erpomrepair from dejan

    Nothing worked.

    The problem is, a checksum in the EErpom is wrong
    (first 1.EEprom-Checksum is wrong)
    Found out with NFree, but the programm can't recalc it?

    Any idea's

    I tried these FullBackups: v4.16B;v4.30B;v4.50B;v5.06
    no of these worked.

    some times the eeprom has 2 wrong checksum?

    Any Ã*deas please?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    9
    try 2 use EEPROM Tools 3.1...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    I dl it last night.

    i'll try it soon, but the PCB is in Isopropanol for cleaning.
    (It was no wet phone)

    The problem started with upgrade.

    I hope it works, because if not i have to go to the NSC

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,163
    Hi,

    Upgrade to 3330-450 can work ok.

    Only U need to use a new clean file.

    If U start editing/ recalcing, then the faid won't work anymore.
    The problem is the current tools can't calc flash check correct for some specific versions.
    Flash check is required for faid calc.

    On 430/ 450 this is a problem.
    The earlier versions U can edit & recalc with most tools like normal.

    NokDoc
    U can checkout anytime U like, but U can never leave!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    @NokDoc

    What's a new clean File for you?

    The FullBackups i tried were from gengeheraenga.net.

    Do you mean i should flash a MCU+PPM+VirginEprom in, or
    MCU+PPM+RepairEprom?

    If i use these flashes, i need 2 set the FAID, IMEI, SPlocks, FAID?

    Have you a clean file for my 3330?

    Any Ã*dea's

    Thanks in advance

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,163
    I really don't know.

    Brad site is the only one I can think of, do 'search' on this forum to find the link & pass.

    Files from there are normally in WTSLA format.

    And never overwrite Ur own eeprom.

    Only use mcu&ppm files.

    NokDoc
    U can checkout anytime U like, but U can never leave!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    @NokDoc

    That the problem. I didn't overwrite the eeprom.
    The guy before did, at least it looks like.

    Thats why i need a full backup of a working 3330?

    Pleaseeeeeeeeee

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    47

    Unhappy nothing yet

    Hi,
    I used a clean flash for 3330 but the same problem again.
    Fortunately I had made a full backup (MCU+PPM) first and when I flashed it back everything was going fine. I suppose that is what should have happened.
    Anyway, can somebody help with the 4.50 version?

    Nick.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    113
    I think when u can't upgrade the phone properly the problem is on bad file. (maybe corrupt mcu or something else)

    If all of you can't find the "work" file 3330 v450.
    please tell me.

    I have the file.

    regard's...............



    -------------**************-------------

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    France
    Posts
    162
    download this file, it's virgin EEPROM for 3330.... when U have flash that at 0x005F0000 adress... reset all factory setting, update IMEI, Clear SP LOCKS, and update FAID... with Nokia Tools...

    Good Luck...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    Hi,

    i have 4 different eeproms here (virgineerpoms/repaireeproms).

    No one helped.

    But i'll try.

    And if all fail (i maybe get a dejanbox soon), i go to NSC and let update the software there. Then it must work.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    France
    Posts
    162

    YEAH !!!

    it's working !!!

    but.... the clock is align to the left.... can U send to me the HEX value for center the clock???



    BIG THANKS Idril, U are gifted....

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    France
    Posts
    162

    oups...

    it's an error... it's not the good thread... sorry... LoL

  17. #17

    try this

    try to set the original IMEI of your phone you get a signal.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    I always set original IMEI,
    the IMEI of the label below the battery.

    It should be the original.

  19. #19

    o.k

    do you have signal ? if not . i can sent you my 3330 v4.50 full backup 4mb.if you want it write your e-mail.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    After some flashing i only got a v4.16 working.

    So I'll go to the NSC 2 update it.

    Thanks everybody.

    Btw, i didn't got any of v4.50 working on it.
    Reason: 1st of the 2nd Eeprom checksum wrong
    Last edited by thor2001; 04-10-2002 at 12:04 AM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Swiss
    Posts
    8
    Newest state:

    I was wrong.

    I didn't work. Signal drop after 5 sec., like the FAID isn't set?

    I think, it will work with my NSC try.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    47

    OK now

    Hi guys,
    I guess the problem was there because (probably) of the bad flash file. Someone sent me another flash file, I updated FAID and it's working fine now.
    Thanks everyone!

    Nick.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •