Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 3510i problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Question 3510i problem

    Hi,
    Can anyone help, I've just bought a Nokia 3510i from ebay. The phone was bought as unlocked. When I try the phone with several O2 sim cards the message "SIM card registration failed" appears. the sim works ok in another 3510i any ideas?

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    hi i think there is a problem with the phone which is not able to recognize the sim card pls reflash memo and try that again

    cheers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Medway,Kent
    Posts
    1,875
    no harm in trying to unlock it anyway if it you know which network it was locked to before

    wap settings give you a good idea if you look at them !! might show the operator !!

    otherwise it may be a stolen phone which means it is network "blocked" and is no use in the U.K.

  4. #4

    Re-Tried unlocking

    Hi,
    I have tried re-unlocking the phone, and the message"Phone was not restricted" came up. I now assume it needs re-flashing, it did work when I first put the sim in, I tried one call to proove it out, then ten minutes later it gave the problem.
    I have looked at what is required to re-flash, and I think for one phone it would be too expensive. Can I get this done at a reasonable rate anywhere.
    I'm in Hertfordshire.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Medway,Kent
    Posts
    1,875
    only guy I know is in stafford.....you can post it to him

    about £10 plus postage....

    if you cannot find anyone else to do it drop me a private message and I'll send you his details.....knows his stuff !!

  6. #6

    Dead Right

    Hi,
    Thanks for all your advise, you were dead right, the phone is Barred/Blocked and nothing can be done legaly, in the words of your man,"It's a paperweight" I will persue the person I bought it from.
    Cheers

  7. #7

    Exclamation Reflash

    hey Tracemate Did u reflash ?

    Cheers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3510i Cable Connectors Problem
    By catwo in forum Nokia DCT4 General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-02-2004, 10:33 PM
  2. Problem with some 3510i game
    By puffendorf in forum Nokia DCT4 General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-10-2003, 01:14 PM
  3. 3510i simcard rejected problem
    By szergej in forum DCT 4 Flashing / Upgrading / Modding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-05-2003, 10:39 PM
  4. 3510i unlock problem
    By julia312 in forum DCT 4 Flashing / Upgrading / Modding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-05-2003, 04:09 PM
  5. 3510i and Splinter Cell problem
    By marcocale in forum 32XX / 33XX / 34XX / 35XX [Closed]
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-03-2003, 05:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •