Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Re-configuration of data bearers

  1. #1

    Re-configuration of data bearers

    I have a nokia 8390 from Rogers Canada.

    As you suppose it's pre-configurated for usin' a GPRS connection.

    I can make calls with my local provider's sim, but my problem is that a can't navigate in a WAP page 'cos where i live, GPRS connection is not available yet.

    Is there a way to re-configurate my nokia for using it with a CSD server, and another GPRS access point when GPRS is available?

    Thanx

    I apologize for my poor english

  2. #2
    I believe this is possible, but you will have to contact your network provider to obtain the correct access points. Thye should be able to give you a sim update.

  3. #3
    Yeah, I know the parameters for a new configuration with my provider, but my phone doesn´t show the "edit active service settings" menu to make a new one.

    I think this is thanks to Rogers Canada pre-configuration.

    Is there a way to "appear" the "edit active service settings" menu?

    Thanx

  4. #4
    Your phone has been wap locked by rogers (this is not undone by SIM unlocking, which just lets you put any SIM in your like for regular service).

    I'm searching for a solution as well (oxygen won't let me write new settings into the WAP memory -- it needs to be unlocked to do anything at all!). I will be phoning Rogers and telling them that if they don't unlock the WAP settings, I'll be moving my voice service over to Fido / Microcell also.

    Expect to see an SIM unlocked 8390 available on eBay soon...

    From now on I'll be buying my phones overseas where this monopolistic BS is illegal.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    vancouverland
    Posts
    4
    i'm curious, with a phone that's wap locked on rogers, will having a s/w upgrade done at fido make any difference?

    aside from the problems of getting fido to do it, will it open up the wap functions? will it break the phone?

    i wonder, i wonder, i wonder... =)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •