Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ESN/IMEI conversions

  1. #1

    ESN/IMEI conversions

    is there any conversion between an IMEI number and an ESN number?

    I have a triband phone (6310i) I'm hoping to use on verizon but in order to activate, they require an ESN, which I can't find...

    help?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,065
    imei and esn are comletely different, but this is not the reason why you can't connect to verizon.

    imei is the identification of a gsm phone, while esn is used in tdma and cdma phones.

    if the network requires an esn it means that it is not a gsm network, and so phisically, a gsm phone like 6310i can't connect to it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •