Thread: problem with cable pls help

problem with cable pls help

i bought a connection cable for my nokia 7210 a couple of weeks ago from a pc fair! it is a serial connection and 2 plug it into the phone i hav 2 take off the battery and it goes into the hole under the battery! when i got it home and plugd it in nothing happend! xp didnt recognise it in the plug and play thing or anythin just nothing happnd! ive tried looking 4 a driver but was only able 2 find drivers for usb cables! can any1 help me 2 understand whats goin on! what will i b able 2 do with the cable when i get it working? ive only got nokia pc suite and i was wondering if i will need any other program?

thanks ppl

I don't know if this is any help to you as i don't have a 7210, When installing nokia suite for my 6310i the programs prompts before installation "will a cable connection be used" If this option is not selected here you will not be able to connect the phone by cable, nokia suite should search for the phone during installation and report phone found on com port xx.

Good luck

Hi basically, nokia pc suite doesnt work with a f/m bus cable. You have to use Mobi mb or oxygen phone manager. Once you have this working you will be able to upload games and ringtones and pictures to your phone for free!!! gl

cheers

cheers for that! do u no wer i can download a zip file of oxygen or mobi mb? coz i dnt want it on this comp and the files 2 big to put on a floppy!

You will find links to the software in this section of the forum, plz check the threads.

Thread Information