Thread: VERY low/faded display

VERY low/faded display

Hi guys, iv got a Nok 3310 with VERY VERY low/faded display, iv looked at the LDC contacts on the main board, and they seem to be somehow scratched and disfugured looking. i persume this is the problem, iv upted the contrast and it doesn't make any differance, and also cleaned with isoproponol fluid, and still faded display.

Is there any way of maybe getting the pcb board to make a clean contact with the LCD display?
    Any tips or tricks appreciated.

Thank you.

Is that your lcd use rubber connector or pin connector if rubber just change the rubber if pin try to pull it

Hmm... try to clean the contacts on the PCB with a pencil eraser!? Will the phone work with another LCD? Or will the LCD work with another PCB? Try to narrow it down to the source!
    A friend will bail you out of jail! A true friend will be in the cell with you saying " Shit, we really fucked up this time!!!"

[B]Please visit the [URL=http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?p=162950#post162950]FORUM FAQ[/URL] before posting a question![/B]

The LCD contacts should not be at fault if they are in line and straight.

If the PCB is damaged, it will take alot of work to repair and may just be worth while replacing the whole PCB. I cant see how these contacts could be damaged, unless corrosion due to water damage.

It maybe a good idea to test another LCD, it tends to display nothing or blocks if a contact is at fault, but then again that doesnt rule that possibility out.

I would say the the contacts are fine on the PCB and its the LCD itself that is damaged.

Anyway... have a play with it and hopefully you will get it solved.

John

Thread Information