Thread: Tuned values

Tuned values

Did someone knows the addresses where charger, tx&rx and AM suppression filter tuning values are stored? We need to know this if we want to put a new SW in the ME without do a new tuning with WinTesla (or we haven't the RF generator.....). I answer this because I had probs with a 3310, when updated from 4.06 to 5.57....the battery, after only 1 day, was completely dead.....can any1 help me ?

I'm interested too, but I have no idea

Does at least anyone have an idea about the messages used by WinTesla to change the values?

WT uses external tools for the calibration (RF generators, service battery). We must discover where this values are stored, the hex offset, in every firmware version, so we can make a simple sw that allows us a rapid transfer of the old settings. With this : no more battery problems or bad RX/TX....right ?

Actually, I'm more interested in the meaning of the values, how they are tuned and how they are sent to the DSP.
    There could be some quite cool things possible with that.

at first, once we have the values, we must find basic factors:

1. base frequency (crystal controlled)
    2. pll factors for multiplying
    3. frequency ranges

i believe that, once the right factors are known, is a lot easy to reverse needed values for tuned frequencies (the last stage, actual frequency for specific channels), and found a relation between sended values.

that way, one must find the formula to calculate any given frequency, and as long as we put the osciller stage between bandwidth limits, we must tune any range.

xcuseme if my english isn't clear

i have made a lot of test, but only with tdma/cdma phones, and actually, i can put the phone into any given channel, direct tuning and lot of functions, at last, the phone could be used to raise some kind of field coverture studies, scanning all channels, and measuring RSSI and other parameters.

i believe that using old DCT3 phones for channel/field measuring purposes, could be such a great re-use task, and why not, a lot of money could be made from those pieces, since the products for that purposes are a lot expensive (things like wireless-valley, zktest, hp, agilent, and others)

How did you do that testing?

using rf-test command, sniffed from wintesla, i have those commands for mbus only, not for fbus.

the command send channel number, digital frame slot number, and other parameters for tuning, then, you have to send other command to read/get rssi values, and that way, is must be easy to build up a table of values, and graph those values, or something that must be easy to read by coverage technicians.

once, i have only tested with tdma phones (all nok** phone ending with xx20, xx25, xx60, xx65).

i want to write something like network monitor by nobbio, but for tdma phones, and add some extra features, if any one can give me some source-code for nobbio or similar, since all i have do is with gammu modifications, and with a lot of help from wumpus information (available on blacksphere)

i don't have big skills writing gui's, and want to use something like vc++ (win32)

I don't know the kind of program you refer to, but, the graphing and calculation could be most easily done with a program like Matlab.
    (GUIs are not my area either)

@capotixplus

Can you give here the format of the MBUS commands that you used?

Guys, we're going far away from the post. We should do a sw to backup and restore tuning values. We need ONLY the method used by WinTesla to write values, then we reverse it to read values......right ?

Thread Information