Could anyboy tell me that MAX232 is same as 74HC14? I saw a flash cable with parrall port use MAX232 , so i think it should same as 74HC14 . is it ?
Anyone can tell someting detail about this will be appreciated .
Could anyboy tell me that MAX232 is same as 74HC14? I saw a flash cable with parrall port use MAX232 , so i think it should same as 74HC14 . is it ?
Anyone can tell someting detail about this will be appreciated .
Hi Truman!
No way. The MAX232 is a level converter for the RS232 (serial port) +-12V to 5/0V and there is also a MAX 3232 which does the same job at a 3,3V level.
The 74HC14 is a 6x Schitt-Trigger (hope i remember it right).
Just used as a buffer.
The 7414 also inverts the signal (but I did not look for the data sheet, so dont blame me if I'm wrong in this)
HC=Highspeed CMOS just info about max. switching frequency and voltage levels and power supply voltage ranges etc.
Doc
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Bookmarks