Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can I back-up a sim on an old unused one?

  1. #1

    Unhappy Can I back-up a sim on an old unused one?

    I have 5 sims and I would like to be able to back-up them. I've seen the gold and silver cards, but in Romania I haven't seen any for sale so i would do even with only one back-up card.

    Is there a possibility to overwrite an already written sim-card?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Romania, Alexandria
    Posts
    168
    Give it a try. It should work excepting some prepaid cards who after beeing rejected from the network wont work.
    Last edited by adrianpopa; 01-03-2003 at 11:41 AM.

  3. #3
    It's not about just giving it a try
    I have to buy a sim card reader first(and for me the 10 dollars mean smth this month).

    So did anybody try it? Come on, please tell me if you did!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Romania, Alexandria
    Posts
    168
    You dont have to buy a sim reader . Use a phone that can store numbers in own memory ( Nokia 6110 or other)

  5. #5
    Could you be ONTOPIC?

    I want to back-up the NUMBER not the phone numbers in the sim-card... do you get it?

    SO, can anybody help me with this?

    It's just like cloning 4 sim cards in one sim, but i can live with only one (other) number in a sim.

    For example to save an orange number in a cosmorom sim-card, where orange and cosmorom are romanian providers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Romania, Alexandria
    Posts
    168
    Sory, i didnt understand your question. I cant help you with that.
    Last edited by adrianpopa; 06-03-2003 at 12:30 PM.

  7. #7
    No. You cannot. SIM cards are write protected...

  8. #8
    adrianpopa: thanx, no probl, i know you wanted to help me but i needed an answer.

    cyclo thanx, even if it's not what i wanted to hear

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    united arab emirates
    Posts
    80

    Cool cool wr not alone

    well i just got my reader and the first thing ill do is trying to clone my sim card onto a used one which is disconneted by the addmins back home any advises on other utils iam happy to make a day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •