Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: flashauthorityid algoritm?

  1. #1
    I downloaded "Flash_authority_id" algoritm by zulea. I think it is memory dump from wintesla. I tryed recompile that...but its not so easy......
    Anybody know wheres FlashAuthorityID is placed in eeprom?

    Mayby someone tryed do the same?......recompiled FAID i mean.....

  2. #2
    Hi all,

    I think it is a faked routine, I don't have the right routine but from the dejan 1.04 source he calculate the flahs authoroity as follows:
    - The flash check sum is not for the full flash, it is for the MCU+PPM only.
    - It is for some bytes of that part only. Bytes included in the check sum are two bytes from every 32 bytes read in a 64 byte block size.
    ---------start of the flash----
    .
    .
    --------at offset 64 begin calculations-------
    ____first 64 block____
    ==first 32 bytes==
    include the first 2 bytes in calculateions
    ==2nd 32 bytes==
    include the first 2 bytes in calculateions
    ____end of the first block_____
    ____2nd 64 block_____
    as above
    ____end of 2nd block___

    and so on till the end of the MCU+PPM part of the full flash file.

    I think a company like Nokia must use a standard authority ID algorithm like MD2 through MD5 or other famous techniques.

    Please any one have the Dejan Box try to contact me urgently and I think we can get the algorithm or just get the checksums required of all MCU+PPM packages so any one can upgrade easily.

  3. #3
    it is not fake algorithm because i have DLL library with that. And it is part of Wintesla.
    i think, to change PPM +MCU we need:
    - full flash
    - calculate FAID
    - write calculated FAID to eeprom
    - calculate new eeprom CRC
    - write new eeprom CRC to eeprom

    Zulea said, for calculate FAID we nned 13 bytes MSID and flash crc.....flasch crc it is 2 bytes so 13+2 it is 15........and FLS1GETAUTHORITYID has 14 bytes arguments.....1 byte less
    what do you think about that?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •