Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to check the flash file before flashing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    433

    How to check the flash file before flashing

    Hello everybody
    I need to know how to check the flash file before flashing it to my phone
    thanx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    67
    what do you want to check?
    checksums?
    if its damaged?
    ...?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    433
    ummm
    I want to check if i flashed this file to the fone i will not get contact service I mean that the flash file is working fine

  4. #4

    how to check your flash file.

    Hi to all!!!!! I'm just cofuse because one time I have down load a flash file to the phone particularly 5110, when I turn on the cell it is Mis match . My partner told me the version of the cell is old. Please help me how to know whether the phone is upgradable at any flash file.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,059
    @Romeo26222
    Contact Service will be displayed if only you have incorrect checksums for MCU, PPM or EEPROM.
    If your fullflash is totally damaged your phone will not turn on.
    Just use any programm that will fix all checksums.

    @jasonx
    Firmware for 5110 is DSP version dependent (ROM3 or ROM4) and they are incompatible, so if your 5110 is old you must have ROM3. So just find correct flash (I have flashes v5.27(ROM3) and v5.30(ROM4)) =)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    albania
    Posts
    55
    Dear Friends,

    Al is right.

    I also have to add that sometimes fls files are corrupted due to different reasons.

    A program I'm using to test them is DCT3 Flasher by Rolis v 4,78b, you can find it easily. It has an option:
    Special=>Check for CHK errors.

    Regards
    Mike

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •