Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Nokia, thank you!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    1,205

    Thumbs up Nokia, thank you!!!

    Battery operating time... Nokia under-estimates it....

    Yesterday evening, i had an ex-colleague to visit me, i fixed his laptop. He brought his girlfriend along. After a while my boyfriend came home from work. And a bit later, i was finished with the laptop and they wanted to go. Specially my colleagues GF seemed to be very much in hurry. Ten minutes later we found out why: Together with her, my boyfriends almost brand-new 7250 was gone !!
    0.15, after midnight. Calling my colleague, he on a taxi with her. He had no clue that she stole the phone. She obviously said "no" when i let my BF talk with her. Then i back to talk with my colleague, while on the phone, calling my BF's phone with my 5130 and i COULD HEAR IT RING in the taxi. I told my colleague to stay on the line, where ever he is, i will come and take the 7250 back. I kept him on the line.
    0.25 she jumped out of the taxi, panicking. He followed her. Me and my BF got ready to follow them, in a taxi. Still on the line.
    0.35 reached the street where they were supposed to be, could not find them, and my colleague still didn't find the girl.
    I switched to "loudspeaker mode" because it was very quiet there, i hoped by hearing dogs bark over the phone and hearing the same dog in "real" to be able to locate them.
    0.50 he got hold of the girl, she refused to let go of the phone. HE refused to give location, now also in panic. I kept him on the line.
    1.30 (!) my boyfriend losing patience (understandable!), wanted to call police. I set ultimatum to my colleague, told him "punch the bitch, give me my phone and run 'coz we call the cops and she'll be gone"
    1.50 still he did not get the 7250 from her, i could hear them argue with each other. He put the phone somewhere and was around 25 meters apart from it. Still in loudspeaker mode to be able to hear them. Still could not locate them by dogs, because stupid dogs didn't bark any more.
    2.15 wandering thru Bangkoks nightly sidestreets. Still my colleague shouting with that girl, she screaming yet refusing to give the phone. I am busy calming my BF. My colleague is 60 yo! I guess he couldn't even try to fight her, she's around 40 and certainly could knock him out. I screamed when he came back to me: "If i find you, i'll kill her and beat you to hospital!"
    2.40 he back to me, almost having her convinced. Still didn't get that 7250, but trying. My BF in a public phone, ready to call the cops.
    2.42 his battery went flat. Tried to call my BF's phone 50 times, it rang, but nobody picked it up.
    2.55 he got the phone! He picked it up. I again to loudspeaker, keeping him on. He tried to find us, i gave location.
    3.20 he couldn't find us. Still on the line in LS mode. Made place at the end of the road.
    3.35 met him and got the phone back. No word spoken, one guy now "dead" for me.
    But.....
    My 6610, which had been used two days before, wasn't even half empty! after more than 3 hours almost non-stop on the phone, most of that time in loudspeaker mode at full volume!

    Nokia, thank you for such a performance!!! Standby isn't everything, in some situations, TALKtime matters........

    Regards, Thanh, from Bangkok

  2. #2

    Talking Wow!

    I don't care too much about the battery life of phones to be honest (I charge my phone every night), but that is some story, thanks for sharing it with us!

    (And glad you got your phone back too )

    Cheers

    Bob

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    207
    Thats a cool story with a happy ending for a change! I hate people with light fingers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    509
    Hey Thanh...

    That was one hell of a story...I'm scared...

    But seriously, I'm flattered that even after using your phone for two days and after more than 3+ hours of talktime moslty in loudspeaker mode at full volume, your phone is still half empty...seems like a dream to me...

    I know that 6610's battery is good, but that good!!! I did'nt knew...One day I charged my phone completly and after 10 mins talked to my gf for about 250 plus (4 hours plus) mins or so and the phone drained...that too completly...without using loudspeaker for a minute...

    I'm not saying that you are wrong. What I'm trying to say is that batteries are phone specific and no two battery performances are exactly same. You need'nt thank nokia for that. You are yourself lucky to have a good battery...

    I think that why people call you "phuc" or "lucky", don't they?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    1,205

    ya, i guess so....

    I think that is the reason, yes.....
    Not only did we get the phone back, but also mine 6610 could stand all that "stress"... before i already considered it's standby time as not too good, but now i saw live what a performance that little battery has... and another reason to keep that single bug of my phone in there and not bother with flashing a new sw in it
    i love my 6610!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    509
    Me too...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,163

    One night in Bangkok...

    lol

    Nice story.

    NokDoc
    U can checkout anytime U like, but U can never leave!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    188
    hahahaha...what a hell of a story in bangkok....by the way, im glad u got your bf's phone back.....by the way,

    NOKIA KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS!!!

  9. #9

  10. #10
    oh, and if my girlfriend stole a mate's phone, then girlfriend or not she'd certainly give it back, before being asked to take a walk... i persnally cant believe that you ha to go to all that hassle.. the guy should have just removed your BFs phone from her possession and told her where to get off...

  11. #11

    Nice explanation cjard

    @cjard

    Cheers for that, I noticed that the initial drop is very quick, I just though batteries were rather bad

    Using netmonitor must be a fairly good way of reading the actual battery charge (#20-->#23), but there is so much (useless) information there

    Cheers

    Bob

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    509
    @cjard
    Thanks for the info cjard. That was some really cool informartion.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sofia in Bulgaria
    Posts
    158
    Nice story.

    By the way, why didn't you let the girl to get away with the phone. U just blacklist it and she can use it, and you'll get it back any way?


    Sorry for the bad English.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    1,205

    impossible......

    Hmm there is a world outside the UK....
    in UK it might be very easy to "let blacklist" a phone, but to be honest, i don't know of any other country where it is that easy.... i am in Thailand, and here it is not possible at all
    Besides, if i would have gotten that b!!ch i would have beaten the hell out of her. Nobody steals from my boyfriend without punishment. I just can't stand that. I am myself often in situations where i don't know what to eat tomorrow, but yet i never stole anything.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •