Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: flashing and warranty

  1. #1

    flashing and warranty

    What happens if i flash a phone with warranty? will the warranty be lost?

  2. #2
    I'm fairly certain you will. According to Nokias waranty intformation, you void the waranty if you use your Nokia with unoriginal equipment. A flash cable is definitly unorignial

    Anyhow. The main question is if Nokia can find out that you have flashed it. If you re-flash the original firmware before you send in the phone, they will most likely not be able to tell

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Quezon Province
    Posts
    44
    just back up the phone full flash and back it when warranty of phone badly needed thats all!!

  4. #4
    Nokia can't claim that unoriginal eqipment is used even when Contact Service is displayed (it could be hardware problems), so the possibility to fool nokia was not my point.

    according to the user manual i just realized that in the theory you will lose your warranty if you for instance:

    - use unoriginal covers
    - Use logomanager etc.
    - Use any datacable (on a 33xx e.g)
    - use unoriginal batteries.

    It's pretty hard to keep the warranty...

  5. #5
    Luckally they don't have the same system that some Ericsson phones have. They autodetect unoriginal batteries and automatically slows down the charging process to about 50%

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    79

    Question cyclo

    Is it true that ericson have a auto-detect system? In that case, what types are they using?

    greets
    The one and only....... :)

  7. #7
    I really don't know very much about ericsson phones. Never liked them. But the reason reason I said that was that a friend of mine has a T28 and bought an unoriginal battery. When he hooks it up to the charger, the text "Non ericsson battery detected. Half charge rate" or something like that (I don't remember the exact message) appears on the screen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    79

    Smile ok

    okey...never heard that before..

    greetz
    The one and only....... :)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    75
    I have ericsson R520m. When I put the non-original ericsson battery, it will tell you "Alien Battery Charging".
    You cannot get the status of you phone when using non-original.
    In original battery it will tell you how much talk time and standby time you will have. When you put the charger on it will tell you "Optimized Charging"

    I love this phone because it can check automatically my email every hour via GPRS (same with T68m/i and T39) and GPRS here in the Philippines is free. You can use wap as long as you want, no charges at all.

  10. #10
    KnokKnok: GPRS free!?

    In Norway it costs approx. 14 euro for one MB.
    Last edited by GeeZuZz; 19-11-2002 at 01:01 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    388
    hmmm... and using a philipine sim overseas... just for gprs???
    *just dreaming of free gprs*

    -=K=-

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    75
    @KnOeFz
    @GeeZuZz

    GPRS is free here in the Philippines when you use you phone for WAPing. Before you can use even for browsing (connecting your cellphone to the PC) but now it is blocked. I've been using free GPRS (almost 1 year) when I joined Nokiafree connecting my R520 to the PC by Infrared Cable.

    I am waiting for T300 here in the Philippines. T68i is a good choice but I have R520 which have everything in T68 only without color screen and MMS.

    P800 is too expensive for me (I like this phone very much) and I dont want the look/size of 7650.

  13. #13
    In finland we have operator DNA that have
    GPRS service 20 euro/usd. Surf (with computer) as long as you want.
    Sometimes its slow but what you can get with 20 usd.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    75
    I am now using a prepaid card for internet 60 hours for $5 and unlimited for two months for $30. Better to use this one than free GPRS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •