Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: PPM+MCU Update NEVER works

  1. #1

    Unhappy PPM+MCU Update NEVER works

    Ok, basically I just want to change text, animations, graphics and ringtones on my 3390... and heres what I've done

    Read default flash of original software, and that goes just fine with rolis 4.78 b006

    then I open up flash in flsedit, and ppmedit etc
    change the stuff to what I want.

    I've even gone so far as to run these through chkkiller and chkkiller doesnt help.

    I *ONCE* got the text on the phone changed, but no signal, and would constantly reboot (no good)

    now all I get is "contact service" or contact service with a dark background.

    I reflash the original untouched flash, and it works perfect again. What in the hell am I possibly be doing wrong?

    I do update sp locks and update faid and set the IEMI to the original, but when I have contact service I cant do those things.

    I would use knok22, but there is NO functionality for the 3390

  2. #2
    only use mcu and ppm mate

    NO EEPROM

    simple

    Mike

  3. #3
    with rolis flasher, how do I get a flash that has just mcu+ppm and doesnt contain the eeprom?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Melb., Australia
    Posts
    61
    I have encountered the same problem. Basically whenever I do something with PPMManager my phone just shows CONTACT SERVICE whether i update the PPM checksum or not. Using NFREE i can correct the problem with CONTACT SERVICE at the start by calculation MCU checksum, but then again NFREE says in the help file that it's not very good with the 3310 or 3390

    So yeah i just made all my edits with PPMEdit and flashed it to my phone at it all works nicely. The only thing i've noticed is that being able to enter your Club Nokia ID into the phone is unavailable - that option just aint there anymore in the Games / Settings menu. Maybe the phone can tell the software has been changed, so people cant tamper with game scores and get score ID's to win the prizes that were once handed out

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •