Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: what is a dongle?

  1. #1

    what is a dongle?

    Im new here. I want to learn and try to unlock my nokia 8290 and 8390 by myself. After doing some research, I am pretty confuse now.

    1. what is a dongle? it seems that it is a must needed for unlocking phone.

    2. I saw lots of ppl doing remote unlock for cell phone. How this is possible? If they can calculate the codes by using some software, why i can't do it too?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,065
    1. a dongle is a small thing that connects to the LPT port in your computer and it is used to protect software. the calculator for nokia DCT4 phones is protected by a dongle too.

    2.the people doing remote unlocking have the calculator, so you give them your imei and network that your phone is locked to and they can generate unlock codes from it.

    the calculator is for DCT4 phones (like nokia 8390) but not for DCT3 phones (like 8290). DCT3 phones can be unlocked only by a program and mbus cable.

  3. #3
    thanks for you input and efforts. I have heard about the fbus and mbus cable. Where I can get them? How much is it? What calculator is can use for my fone? Can I unlock all DCT3 phone by using the same cable?
    My gf has the nokia 8390. I wanna unlock for her. where I can buy a dongle for DCT4 phones, or can I build it myself? I am an EE student. I am intereting to build one on the lab.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Balanga City, Philippines
    Posts
    43
    thanks Yotamz! for ur info about dongle...







    to [/B]picpop[/B] :

    im an EE student too... may i ask u... do u have a problem-solving for dc motors/generator & ohms char. curves (OCC)? i need it asap...

    tnx in advance!
    more power!
    [OMi]***Artangel 96°

    Email Add: [[email protected]]TAPGSM Mail[/EMAIL] , [[email protected]]Yahoo Mail[/EMAIL]
    WeBpAgE: [URL=http://artangel.cjb.net]Artangel's Web Page[/URL]

    I. C. Q. # : [COLOR=yellow][SIZE=5]207376748[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
    mobile # :[COLOR=yellow][SIZE=5]+639193918758[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

    [COLOR=yellow][SIZE=5]Power is Nothing... With0uT c0nTr0L.....!!![/SIZE] [/COLOR]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,065
    You can get fbus/mbus cables in many sites, you can click on the banner of uCables on the top of this page, there you can find almost every cable you want.

    diffrent phones needs a diffrent connectors, there are cables with a ps2 plug on their end so you connect any connector you want to it, and there are cables that has only one connector for one phone model.

    about the dct4 dongle, i'm not sure where you can find it but currently it is impossible to build it yourself, and it's expensive so the easy way is to just post your imei and network here on the forums and someone will give you the unlock code.

    hope this information helps.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,065

    oops...

    forgot something - here is the schematic to build a dct3 cable (flasher & m2bus)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •