Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: JIC Unlocker

  1. #1

    JIC Unlocker

    Ello,

    I went to try and use JIC unlocker to remove the restriction limit on my phone (so I could put in the new codes), but when I click Unlock (in JIC unlocker) - it comes up with a stop sign which says "Privelaged Instruction" in Windows. Are there any things I'm doing wrong? Or perhaps wrong copy of JIC?

    Can anyone else tell me other tools that will remove the restriction limit (i.e. restriction code has been entered 5 times already!!)
    Last edited by JonnyThunder; 19-06-2003 at 08:41 AM.

  2. #2
    use a machine with windows 95/98 NOT NT based

    NT based = NT4,2000,XP,.NET,Longhorne

  3. #3
    Ahhhhhhh. thanks again. Shall try get hold of one!!

    (few and far between these days!)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basingstoke UK
    Posts
    989
    If you are sing XP or above right click the exe and set its compatibilty mode to Win98

  5. #5
    Yeah, unfortunately it didn't work under windows 95 either. It didn't give me the same error, but it didn't work.

    When I run JIC Unlocker, and click Unlock... it comes up saying "Setting Testmode...", but then 15 seconds after it says "Error... could not establish link to phone".

    This is especially wierd, cos I can query the phone using FBus (v2.5). When I use FBus, I can do a tone test, enter test mode and bring up the phone information (productcode, serial etc)... so I assume the cable is fine.

    Are there any other tools which can reset the '5 time' restriction block??

    Also, which out of the seven codes I'm given do I enter if I ever get to that point? One after another??

    Sorry for the n00b-style approach. LOL

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    2,331

    Hi!

    What model is Your phone...if it is a DCT4 You need to put it in test mode befor unlocking...
    Good luck!
    Regards!
    Sergo_Zmeia

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    860
    question is how to put in test mode if there comes error?

    i haven't used any dct4 phones & programs, but i'm using win98se because i tred some dct3 stuff with win95 some didn't work.
    so maybe you have to try under win98se, it may work then.
    -liteFun
    [url]http://litefun.kaustinen.eu.org[/url]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81
    Hi All,

    I use the attached program to put stubborn 8310's into Test Mode and then use the JIC unlocker. It works everytime and i am running Win98SE - the relevant dlls are included.

    Remeber the JIC unlcoker only unlocks 8310's prior to v5.57 and 6310 v4.80 - i think.

    Regards

    Jag

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    719
    What phone is it?

  10. My phone is Nokia 7210... is there another utility I can use to unlock this? I can (using the program above) put it into test mode, but still dont have a program to remove the 5 time restriction lock.

    Anyone??

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81
    Jonny Thunder
    To remove the locks directly of a 7210 would require Neelix II, Griffin or AFD - maybe there are others, but i am sure they are just as expensive (we are talking hundreds £££)

    If you have only one to solve ask somebody who has one of these and pay 'em.

    Regards

    Jag

    PS. I am pretty sure the info i wrote is correct - if not lmk
    Last edited by jagajutt; 24-06-2003 at 08:30 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81
    Just to add:

    JIC unlocker does not work on 7210 etc, as far as i know it works on 8310 before v5.57 and 6310/6310i prior to v.4.80

    Regrads

    Jag

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    SOUTH WALES UK
    Posts
    178
    Just go to the code request link,give them your details and someone will happilly give you the codes for free.
    Best regards.
    Rob

    ''As i hurtled through space,one thing
    kept crossing my mind - every part of this capsule was supplied by the lowest bidder.

  14. #14
    Would JIC work for the 3595? Mine also is restricted after I tried to enter the codes 5 times.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •