Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Warning about "Ringtone-Man" from this site´s downloads

  1. #1

    Exclamation Warning about "Ringtone-Man" from this site´s downloads

    Hi guys, I recently downloaded the programm Ringtone Man from this site...all working fine, only when I was trying to extract the ringtones of my flash file to a certain directory the programm automatically generated 3 folders, one called Ringtones, and inside of this 2 3310-folders containing an empty .txt-file, but nothing else....

    the only problem is, that the generated folders can´t be deleted!! What is wrong with this damn program...how can I get rid of the "empty" folders again.

    Greetingz

    Taucher

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    490
    I know this bug, I had hard time removing them.

    Its the programs problem for creating too many folders, but its a bug in Windows which means you cant remove them.

    I found this software works. (attached)

    the folder was on the desktop for me, but it wont let you empty the desktop, so i made a folder called 'deleteme' and drag and dropped the borked folder into this, which worked and made no errors.

    then browsed to this folder and got the attached software to empty it, then i deleted the deleteme folder which you can now do and then emptied trash.

    Gets rid of them for me.

    In future, extract with PPM Manager and put back in another flash with PPM Manager, only use Ringtone Manager to upload .RE files then PPM Manager to correct the PPM CRCs then flash normal.

    Works for me

  3. #3

    Depending on which version of WinBLOWS

    Assuming you were running 95-Me, because we never heard of Folder Issues in 2k.

    So the easiest way to delete them when WinBLOWS gives you trouble is REMEMBER GOOD OLE DOS!

    Works every time...

    PHONEDUDES ------- LINDOWS ALL THE WAY

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    490
    The folder appears in Me and WindowsXP Pro

    DOS will not delete them, deltree doesnt work.

    The software I posted does remove them, I am sure there are other methods, but this one worked for me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •