Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Advice Needed!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Unhappy Advice Needed!!

    Hi Guys,
    My first time here... so go easy... I know nothing.....
    I need advice on how to recover my phone I partly flashed at a starting address of 00280000 using a Dejan flasher, the phone is a 3310, NHM-5, v 4.45. Now the flasher said it went fine but the phone won't turn on....I managed to do a full flash with an older version v.402 I think... and now the lights come on but there's a really strange sound coming out of it like a high pitched whineeee hiss.... I'm getting worried now....can anybody help me on this one???

    Regards,
    TNG.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Exclamation no one can help me then?????

    come on guys share the know how!!! Please.
    Regards,
    TNG.

  3. #3
    when you are a newbie take advantage of the search feature and read up before asking questions that have already been answered.

    just use rolis to flash some wintesla files and flash a veeprom then see how you go

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    thanx

    I'm searching everywhere for info.... I think I'm getting there....
    Also I'm re-flashing the phone to see if I can get it to work.... but I need to know is the phone f**ked or can I recover it???
    Thanx in advance.
    TNG.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Question update

    I've got it working ...well to a point..... I re-flashed the phone with v.06.03 and restored factory settings and updated the FAID.... but the phone resets when I try and make a call from the phone???? Any ideas as to why....and how to resolve it??
    Regards,
    TNG.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    so nobody can help me???

    Come on.... some one must know how to resolve this problem.... just some advice or tips guys please.
    Regards,
    TNG.

  7. #7
    first, the latest version is 5.57, 6.03 is just a modified flash. so try do download a 5.57 or 5.55 flash and flash it to your fone rather than using a modified flash.

    dont be impatient and just wait till somebody answer your questions.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    HANOVER, USA
    Posts
    265
    HERE'S THE FLASH'S FOR YOU.
    VERSION 6.08 AND 5.57
    I WAS SENT ONE V6.08 BY ANOTHER KIND MEMBER OF THE FORUM.
    THE 6.08 IS FAR BETTER.
    AFTER USING ONE YOU CAN UP GRADE TO THE 3315.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    cheers guys.....

    Sorry if I came across as being impatient but I need to fix the phone as soon as I can.... advice taken and I will flash the phone with v.5.57 and see if that will do it......once again guys thanx.
    Regards,
    TNG.

  10. #10
    Why did you use partial flash anyway? Was it locked and you couldn't unlock it?!?!?! I think you should *never* use partial flashes, because there are other ways to solve a problem.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Your advice done the trick....

    treng.... thanx mate I got it working now thanx to you....cheers buddy.

    "Why did you use partial flash anyway? Was it locked and you couldn't unlock it?!?!?! I think you should *never* use partial flashes, because there are other ways to solve a problem."

    Lets just say I've learned a lesson in using a partial flash....... Never again!!!


    Once again guys thanx.

    Regards,
    TNG.

  12. #12
    your welcome mate, glad to help.. this is what the forum is all about, exchanging information.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •