Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: 6230 + PC Suite + BT

  1. #1

    6230 + PC Suite + BT

    I have a Dell Bluetooth USB card in my Laptop. I picked up a 6230 yesterday and I'm already frustrated. I just can't get PC Suite to work over BT.

    PC Suite 5.8 came with the phone and for some reason mRouter isn't included with this version.

    Now to my frustration I though f Bluetooth I'll just use IR. But no, for some reason IR doesn't work 90% of the time! On my previous phone (6100) IR worked perfectly.

    Does anybody have an idea on howto get it to work or maybe an alternative for the PC Suite which will allow me to install applications and such over Bluetooth.

    Nokia really needs to rethink their strategy on Bluetooth because this isn't only hurting their own name but also the Bluetooth industry. What good are all the goodies in the 6230 if you don't have a decent way of connecting to other peers or transferring data?

    I buy a new phone every year. I'm going to give Nokia 1 year time to get all this crap sorted out and if next year Nokia still has huge problems with their connectivety then I'm going to go for either Motorola or Sony Erricson.

    Nokia makes great phones and it's a bloody shame that this whole ordeal has to destroy it all.

    /edit:

    Okay through some fluke in the space time continueum... it now works. Don't ask me waht I did or how it's suddenly possible, I'm just happy it works. Hopefully it will stay that way.
    Last edited by GIR; 27-05-2004 at 02:59 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. USB data cable and Nokia PC suite problems
    By GravyandChips in forum Nokia DCT4 General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-06-2006, 09:17 PM
  2. 6230 bluetooth problems
    By satmadman in forum Nokia DCT4 General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-06-2004, 05:36 PM
  3. nokia 6230 pc suite to need
    By fresh in forum Nokia DCT4 software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-04-2004, 11:59 PM
  4. PC Suite Error: Incompatible Phone Detected
    By windsor in forum Nokia Symbian General forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 11:10 AM
  5. 3650 and 7650 PC Suite Problem
    By kolokoy in forum Nokia Symbian General forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •