Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 3310 pcb repair or replace

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33

    3310 pcb repair or replace

    Hi there

    I have a 3310 which does not ring when the phone is called. Everything else works fine. Following a search of threads I discovered a testing method involving soldering a hair wire onto one of the chips on pcb.

    This is a bit beyond my limited capabilities, and I was wondering if this board can be repaired cheaply or I would be as well looking for a 2nd hand pcb.

    I have tried the ringer in another phone and it works fine. When I took the phone apart, there appeared to be what looked like very slight water damage, although I am assured by the person who had the phone that it has not been near water.

    Profiles are also OK

    Hope you can help as usual.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    113
    I have the same problem x2 !!!
    I have two 3310 main boards, both work but with minor faults. The first one makes a buzzing sound when charging and doesn't charge the battery properly. The second works perfectly except that instead of the LEDs switching on or off they are dim or bright i.e in normal standby they are permanently on, only dimly lit. Both boards are able to make and receive calls ets and are firmware v5.57. If you find anyone with second hand 3310 boards or who fixes these minor faults please let me know. Thanks.

  3. #3

    33xx WATER DAMAGED-LEDS STAY ON_SOLUTION!!!

    i also haved the problem with the leds!there is an easy solution 4 it!!!!! U only need a TORX 6 screwdriver and a litte screwdriver!u had to remove 2 little resistors on PCB!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    113
    Thanks HANDYCRACKER2k2. It is water damage I will try it.

  5. #5
    hello @ badger!
    please write if it works!my 3310 works fine after this

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    113
    Damn phone!!! Your LED mod worked a treat, brilliant, thanks Handy. Then I made a call and after 1 minute the phone switched off and would not switch back on. I reflashed it and it still wont switch on. Now the flasher says unrecognised flash ID ffffff. What the hell is going on!?!?!?!?!?

  7. #7
    don“t know???

    my phone works fine!is it possible that u have damaged other parts?????

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    113
    Handy, it's probably another fault relating to the water damage. I was very careful and didn't touch any other part of the board. I will probably have to fin someone with a second hand board for sale. Thanks for your help mate.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •