Can an unlocked Nokia 3395 be used on any provider in the U.S. such as AT&T, CINGULAR, T-MOBILE, VOICESTREAM, etc.? I was going to buy this phone from a friend but my other friend who has a cell phone store says it cannot be used on AT&T and such.
Can an unlocked Nokia 3395 be used on any provider in the U.S. such as AT&T, CINGULAR, T-MOBILE, VOICESTREAM, etc.? I was going to buy this phone from a friend but my other friend who has a cell phone store says it cannot be used on AT&T and such.
Hi anteros511,
The Nokia 3395 is dual band GSM 850/ GSM 1900, that means it'll work on pretty much any N. American GSM network.
I heard AT&T was rolling out a GSM 850 MHz network to complete their GSM coverage in the US and Canada (Rogers AT&T) in the places they had no 1900 MHz spectrum.
What your friend might have meant is that you can't use a 3395 on TDMA networks, and much of the current AT&T coverage is still TDMA (cellular) instead of GSM (PCS). AT&T will try to overlay its TDMA network with GSM 850 coverage, I think, so my guess is that by next year they'll have USA-wide GSM coverage.
Just check what system AT&T uses in your area.
A unlocked Nokia 3395 will work on any GSM network in North Americ, be it 850 or 1900 MHz. Just check which providers in your area offer GSM service in either frequency band.
Hope this long post helps!
Cheers,
Fernanda Castro Santos
You answered my question 200% ! Thanks so much!
Sorry I got mixed up. 3395 isn't dual-band according to Nokia USA website, the 3590 is.
Anyway you can still use it on GSM 1900 networks like AT&T in New York.
Hope this helps, sorry for the mix-up.
Fernanda Castro Santos
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Bookmarks